Division Street Bridges over the Chicago River & North Branch Canal
JLK is the architect for the design of the new Division Street Bridge over the Chicago Ship Canal.
Chicago Department of Transportation
About this Project
JLK is the architect for the design of the new Division Street Bridge over the Chicago Ship Canal. JLK worked closely with HW Lochner and HNTB to develop and design architectural cowling and railings and architectural lighting for the Division Street Bridges. This included uplighting on the bridge arch, an illuminated railing, and cowling lighting. The project additionally includes all streetscaping from Elston to Halsted.
- Coordination with HNTB on the design of sister bridge at Division Street over the Chicago River.
- Design of the bridge and pedestrian walkway lighting.
- Consultation of the bridge aesthetics, including bridge geometry, color and railing.
- Presentation to CDOT and IDOT to push aesthetic concepts of bridges.
- Top quality rendering of the bridges